SilVet Gel® is a patented wound management product based on SilverStream, designed for veterinary applications, combining a low concentration of silver ions, menthol and glycerol plus a surfactant, thickened by Carbopol. SilVet’ s gel synergetic formulation ensures effective anti-bacterial preservative activity. The high concentration of the hygroscopic glycerol, combined with the carbopol, provides hydrogel properties. The gel formulation enables using it on wounds and burns which cannot be dressed or in cases of heavy exudate wounds.
It is also easy to use the gel by horse & pet owners.
SilVet Gel® is packed in easy to use squeezable 100 mL bottles.
SilVet Gel effectively cleans, moisturizes and soothes infected and hard-to-treat wounds. The specialized synergistic combination of silver ions and menthol enabled to reduce the concentration level of the silver ions - to well below the cytotoxic threshold.
How does SilVet gel close wounds faster?
- Contains effective preservatives.
- Creates an effective barrier between the wound and the external environment
- Stimulates granulation tissue growth
- Keeps the inflammatory reaction at optimal level
- Non-toxic, non-cytotoxic & non-staining
- Prevents maceration
- Absorbs & reduces exudates.
- Keeps the wound moist for longer periods
- Reduces pain
- Eliminates bad odor
Silver Stream’s liquid effectiveness has been tested by Nelson Labs – USA for the following characteristics:
- USP 51 Antimicrobial Preservative Effectiveness Test -
USP 61 Microbial Limits -
- USP 81 Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test – Zone of Inhibition -
- MIC & MBC -
Silver Stream’s liquid Anti-Biofilm effectiveness has been tested by Montana CBE – USA
SilVet Gel is available in 100 mL squeezable plastic bottles.