SilverStream Gel® is a patented wound management hydrogel, combining a low concentration of silver ions, menthol and glycerol plus a surfactant, dissolved in a hypertonic solution and thickened by Carbopol.
SilverStream’s Gel synergetic formulation ensures effective anti-bacterial preservative activity. The high concentration of the hygroscopic glycerol, combined with the carbopol, provides hydrogel properties. The gel formulation enables to use it on wounds which cannot be dressed or in cases of heavy exudate wounds.
It is also easy to use the gel in home setting. SilverStream Gel® is packed in easy to use squeezable 100 mL bottles.
SilverStream Gel effectively cleans, moisturizes and soothes chronic and hard-to-treat wounds. The specialized synergistic combination of silver ions and menthol enabled to reduce the concentration level of the silver ions - to well below the cytotoxic threshold.
How does SilverStream Gel close wounds faster?
- Contains effective preservatives.
- Creates an effective barrier between the wound and the external environment
- Stimulates granulation tissue growth
- Keeps the inflammatory reaction at optimal level
- Non-toxic, non-cytotoxic & non-staining
- Prevents maceration
- Absorbs & reduces exudates.
- Keeps the wound moist for longer periods
- Reduces pain
- Eliminates bad odor
SilverStream’ s solution effectiveness has been tested by Nelson Labs – USA for the following characteristics:
- USP 51 Antimicrobial Preservative Effectiveness Test - download the report
- USP 61 Microbial Limits - download the report
- USP 81 Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test – Zone of Inhibition - download the report
- MIC & MBC - download the report
SilverStream’ s solution Anti-Biofilm effectiveness has been tested by Montana CBE – USA
SilverStream Gel® is pending US FDA approval, for the management and moisturizing of wounds such as stage I-IV pressure ulcers, stasis ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, post-surgical wounds, first and second degree burns, cuts, abrasions and minor skin irritations.
SilverStream Gel is available in 100 mL squeezable plastic bottles.