Instructions For Use
SilverStream® is a hypertonic buffered solution, with hydrogel properties and a pleasant odor, for wound management and maintenance of wound moisture level. SilverStream® is a clear, colorless solution, protected from microbial contamination by a low concentration of ionic silver and supplied in 100mL and 250mL bottles.
INTENDED USE AND INDICATIONS FOR USE
SilverStream® is intended for use under the supervision of a healthcare professional for management and moisturizing of wounds such as stage I-IV pressure ulcers, stasis ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, post-surgical wounds, first and second degree burns, cuts, abrasions and minor skin irritations.
GENERAL DIRECTIONS FOR USE
SilverStream® is designed for management and moisturizing of wounds by applying the SilverStream® solution directly from the bottle, by means of a syringe or bulb, spraying onto the wound using a spray bottle, by applying with devices designed to allow for irrigation or lavage.
Apply 1-2 times daily; up to 50 mL per treatment or according to physician's instructions.
Following SilverStream® application, the wound can be rinsed with water or water and soap.
Note: The wound may be cleansed if SilverStream® is applied with a 19G needle (application pressure of ~ 10 psi).
CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
- For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Use only undamaged bottle.
- Do not use in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Discontinue use if irritation develops.
- Avoid usage of turbid or colored solution.
- Protect bottle from direct contact with wound. Bottles that have come into contact with the wound must be discarded after use.
- For single patient use only.
- If the bottle is closed immediately after use and the top of the bottle is protected from contamination, the solution may be reused within 28 days from first opening.
- Do not apply more than 120 mL of SilverStream® solution within a 24-hour period.
Store the bottle between 10-30ºC.
The empty bottle can be disposed of in a regular trash can. A bottle that contains solution should be disposed of in an appropriate site.
Ingredients include purified water, glycerol (glycerin), sorbitan monolaurate (Tween-20), TRIS, menthol and silver nitrate 0.01% (w/v).
Each package contains twenty four (24) bottles 100mL or twelve (12) bottles of 250mL or 500mL The instructions for use leaflet is part of the bottle label.
Instructions for use attached
SilverStream® is a hypertonic buffered solution, with hydrogel properties and a pleasant odor, for wound management and maintenance of wound moisture level.
SilverStream® is a clear, colorless solution, protected from microbial contamination by a low concentration of ionic silver and menthol. The Product is supplied in 100mL, 250mL and 500mL bottles.